Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful volunteer position?
We are currently looking to fill 3 seats in our Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of our board are as follows:
- Follow basic co-operative director responsibilities as outlined here.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Serve 1-3yr term
- Ensure we meet our legal & fiduciary responsibilities
- Ensure we are in keeping with our bylaws.
- Support our mission and mandate.
- Help support the sustainability of the organization
- Volunteer for a committee and attend strategic sessions & retreats
- Membership to The Commons and access to our resources
- Helping strategically shape a Startup Organization being built from the ground up
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and grow an innovative space
Qualities we are seeking include, but are not limited to:
- Free time, energy & passion for our mission.
- Patience with startup issues, system-building and bringing order to chaos.
- Treasurer, or individual with book keeping and/or accounting skills
- Aptitudes for social enterprise, business planning & entrepreneurship
- Individuals associated with Mount Allison
- Individuals with an aptitude for fundraising
- Individuals with strong organizational qualities
- Individuals knowledgeable in co-operatives and non-profits
- Individuals invested in social inclusion and welfare
- Great ambassadors for our organization
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org a letter of interest ASAP, ideally before September 24th 2018.