Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful volunteer position?
We are currently seeking applications for our Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of our board are as follows:
- Follow basic co-operative director responsibilities as outlined here.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Serve 1-3 year term.
- Ensure we meet our legal & fiduciary responsibilities.
- Ensure we are in keeping with our bylaws.
- Support our mission and mandate.
- Uphold Co-op Values & Principles.
- Help support the sustainability of the organization.
- Membership to The Commons and access to our resources
- Helping strategically shape a Startup Organization being built from the ground up
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and grow an innovative space
Qualities we are seeking include, but are not limited to:
- Free time, energy & passion for our mission.
- Patience with startup issues, system-building and bringing order to chaos.
- Individuals with book keeping and/or accounting skills
- Aptitudes for social enterprise, business planning & entrepreneurship
- Individuals associated with Mount Allison
- Individuals with an aptitude for fundraising
- Individuals with strong organizational qualities
- Individuals knowledgeable in co-operatives and non-profits
- Individuals invested in social inclusion and welfare
- Great ambassadors for our organization
Please note that all board members must become owner members of the Commons ($5 lifetime membership fee). This can be arranged should you become a Director.
How to apply:
E-mail email@example.com a letter outlining your experience and stating your interest before January 18, 2021.