Position: Executive Director
Compensation: $20 hourly / 20 Hours per week
Contract Duration: 6 Months
We seek a community-minded Executive Director who listens well for the talents/skills, needs, and goals
of the Co-operative’s members and then reliably responds with a strong entrepreneurial drive, outstanding
communication skills, strong leadership qualities, and good planning and organizational skills.
The highly competent Executive Director is to co-lead with the Board, manage our co-operative towards
favourable growth, and design and direct strategies that support and enhance our organizational
Duties for the Executive Director will include preparing an operational budget, optimizing financial
operations, advising the Board of Directors on organizational activities, overseeing and streamlining daily
operations, and executing special business projects. Exceptional stewardship and strategic planning skills
as an Executive Director will aid our organization in promoting our mission and objectives, maintaining
positive relationships with our members, achieving organizational goals, and maintaining sound financial
practices. The Executive Director will ensure the success of Sackville Commons with very good
communications with the media, our members, and our community.
● Developing and directing organizational strategy.
● Creating sound business plans and proposing, exploring new business initiatives.
● Overseeing day-to-day business activities.
● Preparing comprehensive budgets with the Board.
● Overseeing financial accounts with the Treasurer..
● Researching and preparing funding applications for general expenses and new initiatives.
● Reporting on revenue and expenditures to the Board.
● Conducting quarterly reviews.
● Engaging with community groups.
● Communicate and collaborate with the Board and committees
● Experience in business administration.
● Financial management experience.
● Highly organized.
● Project management experience.
● Highly ethical behaviour.
● Effective communicator.
● Motivational skills.
● In-depth knowledge of financial practices.
● Public relations and marketing knowledge.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills.
● Collaborating with volunteers
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to email@example.com